Famous Last Words: Week 3

This week, I'm going to talk about the readings. I was able to read Ramanaya Parts A and B this week. Rama is definitely the stereotypical hero. He's smart, brave, fair, adventurous, and well-loved. He shows all of the characteristics of an epic hero, so it just makes sense that he has epic adventures too. I enjoyed reading the battle scenes between him and the rashaka too because they were exciting and filled with action too. I also enjoyed the relationship he had with his brothers, especially Lashkama, because it truly shows their loyalty to each other and the lengths they would go to support each other. I was also surprised to see that his father exiled him, but I was also happy to see how his brothers supported him in his hardship too. In part B, the story is definitely inching toward the climax since Sita was kidnapped by Ravana and Rama is on his way to rescue her. I'm excited to see what happens next and if he is successful in his endeavor. I also want to see how her kidnapping affects their relationship too and if it makes them stronger or if it causes more strain. Speaking of Rama and Sita, their love story definitely played into the "Love of First Sight" trope. While very sweet, I feel like it lacks depth since we haven't really seen the 2 characters really show or express their love to each other very often. I hope we get more scenes in parts C and D with them to show their love and hopefully flesh them more fully as characters too. I'm also excited to see how Rama's battle with Ravana ends and if there will be victory or tragedy.  Ravana seems like an interesting villain, but I feel like I haven't really learned enough about his character either, so I hopefully get to learn more about him in parts C and D too.

Rama Fighting Ravana 
Source: Wikimedia

Comments

Popular Posts