Topic Brainstorm



  1. Epic Heroes- I would like to focus on different heroes in Indian epics. I would associate common characteristics of heroes with a story of a hero displaying that characteristic. For example, I could tell a story about and associate him with the characteristic "valiant"Chandrahasa . Other characteristics I could focus on would be courage, selflessness, and determination. Some other potential heroes I could focus on could be Harishchandra and Bahubali too.
  2. Love Stories- I'm a hopeless romantic about heart, so I enjoy reading stories about people falling or being in love. I was thinking of maybe having an "interview" with some of the couples to hear their stories of what was it like to fall in love and what it's like being in love with his/her partner too. For example, I could use Rama and Sita and Mandodari and Ravana
  3. Dasharatha and His Wives- I got this idea from the book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which details the lovers of Evelyn Hugo throughout her life. I thought I could do the same concept with Dasharatha and have him recount stories about falling in love with each of his wives Kausalya, Sumitra, and Kaikeyi. He would talk about what it was like falling in love with each one, what it was like being in love with them, and how they shaped his life. 
  4. Nagas and Naginis- I've briefly learned about nagas and naginis in other legends and mythical stories, but I don't know anything about their role in Indian epics. As a result, I would love to learn more about Nagas and different naga stories. My idea would be maybe doing a "Are You Scared of the Dark?" storybook or a spooky/supernatural bedtime storybook filled with different stories about nagas. 
Storybook Web Source: Pixabay



Comments

Popular Posts