Topic Research: Epic Love Stories

The topic I chose was "Epic Love Stories". For the writing style, I'm hoping to do an interview format with an interviewer, then at least one partner from each couple to explain how they fell in love, their feelings, and their journey. The 3 couples I chose to include were Rama and Sita (Love at First Sight), Radha and Krishna (Complicated Love), and Ahalya and Gautama (Heartbreak).

For Rama and Sita, I would most likely condense their story into their first meeting, Rama "winning" Sita, and their life in the forest. As a result, it would show their honeymoon period as well as their hardships. All of these stories are available from the PDE Ramayana.

For Radha and Krishna, I would talk about how they were childhood sweethearts and how life would separate them and bring them back together (ie. Krishna's adventures and his marriage to Rukmini. I found summaries of Radha and Krishna's romance from Dolls of IndiaThe Holiday Spot, and the Reading Guide . I would use stories from Freebookapalooza.

For Ahalya and Gautama, I would talk about how Indra tricked Ahalya into falling in love with him as disguising himself as Gautama, and Gautama's feelings of heartbreak and betrayal. I would maybe change the ending and have them see how their shared heartbreak is over a misunderstanding and someone's deception and have them come back together in the end. The story is also available in the PDE Ramayana.

Love Stories 
Source: Pixabay



Comments

  1. Omg wow this is really unique! I think your concept of interviewing one of the couple will add in a personal, detailed touch to their stories as well as creating a unique perspective that we haven't heard before. I'm sure there's plenty of surprises to be uncovered, since love isn't always easy. I'm excited to read a more human version of these epic love stories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts