Storybook Plan

For my Storybook, I decided to write about the love stories in the Indian Epics and I plan to do an interview format with 3 couples. I feel like the interview format makes the stories more digestible and relatable for the reader since it's written in a more contemporary style. The couples I chose for the "interviews" are Rama and Sita, Radha and Krishna, and Ahalya and Gautama.

For Rama and Sita, I plan to use the story about their first meeting, possibly the stories about Rama "winning" Sita, and then Rama rescuing Sita to show the highs and lows of their relationship. All of these stories can be found in the PDE Ramayana. The theme I associate with them is "Love at First Sight", so that would be the focus of the interview.

For Radha and Krishna, I plan to talk about how life would keep bringing them together and tearing them apart. They were childhood sweethearts at first, but through life circumstances, they didn't end up together until they were older. As a result, I could show the hurt, the love, and the growth they experienced during these times. The theme I would associate with them would probably be "Time" or "Fate". I found Krishna's storybook from Freebookapalooza, as well as some articles from Dolls of India and The Holiday Spot.

For Ahalya and Gautama, I plan to talk about how Ahalya was deceived by Indra and Gautama's heartbreak concerning the betrayal. I could talk about the strain it caused their relationship, but how they overcame it by building strong communication again. The story is found in the PDE Ramayana. I found an article concerning the story of Ahayla and Gautama and if it was truly adultery, so I can use it to drive the discussion between the 2 characters to add more depth to the story.


Comments

Popular Posts