Week 6: Review

As of week 6, I am on track for an A. I completed all of my assignments and some extra credit. I also completed all of the declarations for this week too.  I have 238 points so far.

For this week's image, I really enjoyed the "Shake it Off" image from Molly Hahn of Buddha Doodles. It's easy to get preoccupied with life and sometimes, we need a little dance to shake off all of our worries.

The video I chose for this week is How Comic Books Can Make Kids and Adults Smarter. The concept of this was really interesting to me because most people think that comic books are sometimes "less than" books, which isn't true. I like that the speaker expresses that comic books have been a good medium to explore complex issues and ideas. For example, Watchmen is a classic comic book that explores the trope of "good vs. evil", but it discusses the moral ambiguity of people's actions and the world of corrupt politics. People also underestimate how hard it is to make a comic book and the proper pacing and images to convey the story as well.


Comments

Popular Posts