Week 8 Reading and Writing

At the start of the class, I was nervous to start writing stories because I hadn't done any creative writing in years. I was used to writing lab reports and formal essays asking about my opinion on different topics. For the first story, I struggled. I didn't know what to write, so I spent 3 hours starting and restarting because I didn't know how to build upon my idea. I eventually wrote "Gossip Girl", but I noticed that there were some kinks in my writing that I needed to work out. With each successive week, writing got a little easier and then it started to feel like it flowed. I still have some trouble starting a story, but once I start, I'm able to keep writing. I'm happy with the progress I made and I really enjoyed writing my most recent story. Hopefully, as the semester continues, I'm able to keep improving and build my writing skills.

Writing 
Source: Pxhere

Comments

Popular Posts