Famous Last Words: What I've Been Reading Lately

This week, I'm going to talk about what I've been reading in my free time and what I look forward to reading next. I love to read, but I didn't have a lot of time to read recreationally during high school and college. As a result, I didn't read for a long time until I started again last spring. It's been great and I've had the opportunity to read a lot of great stories since then. I've always been a voracious reader and I try to read each night before bed so it calms me down. I love my Kindle, so I've been using that a lot, along with the apps Overdrive and Hoopla. These apps allow me to borrow books from the library via Kindle and it has changed my life.

For books that I just finished, I just finished a historical fiction book called The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Supetys. I've read the author's other books and enjoyed each of them and this book is no exception. The story is set in 1957 Madrid under Francisco Franco's dictatorship and it tells the story of how a Spanish-American, Daniel, meets Ana, a Spaniard, at a hotel. They fall in love, but the story also follows their friends as you find out there is a layer of mystery to this story too. I would recommend it because it was a compelling story and it showed the harsh realities of Franco's dictatorship.

For a book that I'm reading now, I am in the middle of The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton. It is a murder mystery unlike anything else I've done before. The protagonist Aiden lives in the body of a specific person each day in order to solve the murder of a rich heiress named Evelyn Hardcastle. Each of his hosts are connected to his murder so it's up to him to figure out who killed her. It's been incredibly intriuging to read this book before since it has a lot of twists and turns and I'm excited to read the read of it. I would recommend it if you want to read a book that's a mix of Clue and Groundhog Day.

A Good Book
 Source: Pexels





Comments

Popular Posts