Microfiction: Once Upon a December

Six Word Stories: The music box calls to me.

Drabbles Fiction: I reach for the music box in his hand. Seeing it tugs at my memory as I observe its etchings. "I bought it from a man who claims it's genuine Romanav. I don't know how to open it though," Dmitry says. I look underneath the base of the music box and twist the button at the bottom. The music box slowly winds and reveals a  dancer whirling as the tinkling music plays. "How did you do that?" he murmured. Suddenly, I'm thrust in a memory as the music engulfs me. Will it give me answers of who I am?

Author's Note: I saw Anastasia the musical last weekend and loved it, so I wanted to write a story about Anya's perspective as she discovers the music box that holds the key to her past. This moment is before the song Once Upon a December, which is one of my favorite moments in the show.

Bibliography
Anastasia: The Musical  by Terence McNally (2016)

Source: Matthew Murphy



Comments

Popular Posts